Friday, May 22, 2009

When You're In It

As I sit to write this I began to think of a word I heard from Bishop Michael Pitts, and I just began to expand on it & study it, and I do understand how thousands of times that this message, or sermon, or blog, or whatever has been said. But, recently I have been dealing w/ & have been dealing w/ people who need to hear this in some of their hardest moments. I am talking about the time in your life when you feel like you are at your absolute worst time & if one more thing happens, you’re going to break! The time where it seems just one thing after another hits, & you feel that Satan & every demon in hell is assigned to you!

Now, I cannot help to believe that when this happens, its happening for a reason, & I would love to say “its all from the devil, & that as a Christian you’re never suppose to come against things, & its all a cake walk, just skippin’ & grinin’!” And to a certain extent it is. Yes, the devil does throw stuff against you, but the devil is a liar! He is such a liar that he will lie to you saying that he caused all of this, when really yes things happened, but yet the word says “…I have refined you, but not as silver, I have tested you in the furnace of affliction…Isaiah 48:10” and also “In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trails, that the genuineness of your Faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ…1 Peter 1:6-7”

So, my point being is that he will lie to you so much making you think its all of him so you never fix what God is trying to get off of you. The things that need to come off to get to your next level or next season. And I greatly believe that God watches us as we are in the midst of trouble, of affliction, or better yet said, in our “fire“, to chose who he can use. Kind of like how college scouts come to see high school players play & see how they do in tuff circumstances, in games, in competition, to see if they can use them, or are they weak & will break.

What I’m trying to say, what is stirring in my spirit, is stay strong, hold on, at ALL cost, continue to rejoice, at ALL times, no matter what, b/c even when you do not feel like it, when you feel that nothing is left, that’s the time to send up a praise to just thank God for what he has already done! Because a praise sent up when you’re in the valley, in your lowest point, I believe is much stronger than one sent up on your mountain top. You must know, you wouldn’t be here right now if it was not for God, & He would not bring you this far to die now! Remember what he has already done for you! I love what David said as everyone was worried about him going against Goliath “ Your servant has killed both lion and bear; and this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, seeing he has defied the armies of the living God….The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me…1 Samuel 17:36-37” obviously what he is saying is that his past victories over a lion and a bear gives (*& gave) him the faith to trust God for victory over Goliath.

That’s what I feel so strong, God has delivered you from so much, he has not done it to leave you high & dry now, he will deliver you if you stay strong, press in deeper & more than ever, & expect things to turn around for you. David said “ I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He SHALL strengthen your heart; Wait I say on the Lord!…Psalm 28:13-14”

My God! There is so much to speak or preach on w/ these passages’, but I just want to encourage you, that yes the pain might be getting worse & worse, but the classic “preacher thing” to say is, like a woman about to give birth, as the pains get worse, the deliverance is even closer!

In Micah chapter 4 and 5 it speaks of the woman’s birth pains, it says “…And to Babylon you shall go. There you shall be delivered; There the Lord will redeem you from the hand of your enemies…Micah 4:10” what that speaks of is that your deliverance is coming in a strange place or in a strange way, but the certain thing is that it IS coming! My God! Your pain is leading to something, its pain w/ a purpose! I know that might not want to be what you wanted to hear, but you must know that, Jesus said it will rain on the just & the unjust, so it will happen, the difference is how will you react!?!

This has not been anything “deep” or some new revelation, it is just the point of standing on God’s word & his promises (*over 3,000 in the Bible!). I encourage you to just apply the promises, and know that Jesus did not only come just to save us, but that we may receive the blessings of Abraham, and to live life more abundantly. Stand on the promises! My prayer is that in this time of trouble or trials or whatever, that as you cast devils, that you also praise & rejoice in the Lord at all times! That the fire will burn off of you the things it is meant to, and it will unlock a praise in you that you did not even know you had. That you will stand strong & trust in the Lord, that you will be chosen in the fire. And know that this thing will not be the end of you, but just a point of stretching you & pulling on you, to stretch you out so that your capacity, & your ability to receive, will be enlarged. I pray that it all makes sense, & that it can help someone, & until next time, may God Bless…




Listening to: “Lord, I Praise You” by: Clint Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment